[CentOS] Misterious hang

Mon Nov 14 16:09:43 UTC 2011
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org>

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Recently one my Centos 5.7 VM just crashes at least once a day randomly (hang).
>
> In /var/log/messages there is nothing at all that there is problem (no
> error, no failure). The log just stops.
>
> The only change I did before this crashes is I activated LDAP
> authentication, and also auditd. But I don't see any evidence relating
> to it.

Hi all,
I want to give update....
Removing auditd didn't solve the problem. Still hang.

So, finally I create a cronjob to echo date and time into a text file
every 5 minutes to find out if there is a pattern on when the hang
occurs and the result is ........
It hasn't hang for more than 3 days...!

Definitely there is still problem, but somehow that cronjob prevents
the hang from occurring. Like as if the VM got idle, it will hang?
I don't know...