[CentOS] Centos6 - Xfce - howto add usb automount

Tue Nov 15 17:25:09 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 11/15/2011 05:59 PM, John Hodrien piše:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> But the autofs package contains automount, and that is what handles USB
>> drives, etc.
>
> Seriously, this isn't the case with the normal gnome automounting of usb
> devices.  I've just tried uninstalling autofs and it merrily continues
> working.  I've not poked under the skin of gnome to know what actually goes
> on, but figured udev's involved at some stage along with dbus.  udisks seems
> to support that logic, but I really don't know the specifics.

I looked a little, and hald seams to be the one mounting them, or maybe
udev. I read that one of those systems is absolete, but can not confirm,
and I am out of free time to look for the answer at the time.

Here is something from Kubuntu, maybe it points you in the right direction:

"On my Kubuntu 10.04, the configuration file for halevt is located at
/etc/halevt/halevt.xml. By Kubuntu default, halevt will automount all
removable media with the option sync. It's much better to mount them
read-only to avoid wearing on the media. To do so, modify the following
lines in halevt.xml"

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)