[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS (was: What happened to 6.1)

Tue Nov 15 20:36:30 UTC 2011
Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com>

On Nov 14, 2011, at 7:56 PM, Alan McKay wrote:

>> Both CentOS and Scientific Linux *aim* at 100% binary compatibility
>> and they are both doing their best toward that goal. However, neither
>> is perfect.
>
> That's interesting.  So how is it they've managed to come out with 6.1
> (and so long ago at that)?
----
I got the impression that the reason owes to the fact that Scientific Linux is using a koji build server and had it up and running perhaps even before the 6.0 release.

http://lwn.net/Articles/446556/

But in truth, don't trust what the non-invested people might speculate to be the reasons, the real answers can only come from the developers themselves.

Craig