[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Tue Nov 15 23:16:55 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/15/2011 04:47 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.11.2011 23:43, schrieb John R. Dennison:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if it would be safe to just stay with the 'standard'
>>> repo for centos and wait for 6.1 that way or do you suggest adding the
>>> CR repo as a necessary event?
>>
>> Depends on if you feel that security updates are important to your
>> infrastructure.
>
> but why in the world is an extra repo needed for security-updates?
> it is like a bad joke installing a os and have to search how
> to install a repo for ESSENTIAL updates while most people
> think "i have a package manager and get updates"

The purpose of CR has been explained quite thoroughly before.

It is an opt in repository that puts out faster releases with less QA
than the standard repo.

You have to decide if you want this repo or not (is QA more important to
you or is a faster release more important to you) .. it is one of the
options available as we bend over backwards to try to make people happy.

This discusses CR a bit more:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR