[CentOS] vertify which software for missing dependenies

Wed Nov 16 00:53:10 UTC 2011
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:45:39 -0800
Edward Martinez wrote:

>  I'm trying to install RPM package Adobe Reader on  Centos 6. I did a rpm
> -test -ivh on the package and it says it needs dependencies (many) Is a there
> a command to verify which  exact  packages it requires so I wont be
> installing software blindly.

"yum localinstall packagename" will give you a list of what it requires but
since it won't recognize the signature on the acroread rpm it won't actually
install anything.  You can then "yum install" everything needed from the list
that it generates.

Or you can install the adobe repository rpm and then just do "yum install
packagename" and that will download and install everything for you.

You also might want to reconsider using acroread.  I've found that the evince
pdf reader that comes with Centos 6 is really good.