[CentOS] clustering

Wed Nov 16 11:07:41 UTC 2011
Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr>

Le 16/11/2011 04:09, Tony Schreiner a écrit :
> I recommend you check out ROCKS
>
> http://www.rocksclusters.org
>
> CentOS based clustering with lots of built in goodness.

Hi,

I also recommend Rocks Cluster, that I used on my site. Recently, they
switch to OGS, Open Grid Schduler, the open source version of SGE (there
is another one too, SoGE, Son of Grid Engine), that does not depend on
Oracle. In fact, SGE was relaesed by SUN under an open source license,
SISSL, so open sources derivatives are allowed.

For information, most SGE developpers from Oracle were hired by Univa, a
company which claimed at first they would develop SGE as open source,
but are now closing it...

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33