[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS

Wed Nov 16 12:07:35 UTC 2011
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

On Wednesday, November 16, 2011 07:44 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>>> I find it very hard to believe that 90% of Chinese are using desktops.
>>> What about all those girls tweeting on the bus to school?
>>> There must be billions of them.
>>>

>> Farmers/peasants have phones?
>>
>> All those girls tweeting?
>>
>> Aren't you confusing Japan with China?
>
> I wasn't in fact referring to China when I mentioned girls tweeting.
> I should have left a blank line.
> I was referring to the girls I see here (Dublin) on the bus/train.
>
> However, iPhone sales in China increased by 250% last year.
> I think your image of China is rather out-of-date.

Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of migrant factory workers trying
to move from farmer/peasant status to something else.

Maybe a few more protests at Foxconn and other factories might help.
Yeah...right.

The Chinese way of governing has not changed - it's just another set of
people with a different label. Palace intrigues replaced by Communist
Party intrigues. Same old corruption at all levels of government.

Same old keep the poor poor for fleecing while the powers that be live a
life of extravagance. Not that that is unique to China.

So you got a few more tens of millionaires - what's that compared to a
billion? You don't have 90% of Chinese using phones and certainly not
for email. Maybe a bit of sms.

In any case, for the few (percentage wise) that use computers and the
tiny portion that use Linux even...it's probably Red Flag Linux and not
Centos...