[CentOS] Difference in gnome between centos <> fedora

Wed Nov 16 16:02:50 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 11/16/2011 04:24 PM, Andreas Reschke piše:
> Hello,
> I've on my home PC CentOS 6 and Fedora 13 on different disks. When I log
> on the gnome enviroment at Fedora knows exactly which programm was started
> at which desktop (for example: thunderbird on desktop 1, firefox on
> desktop 2, nautilus on desktop 3, ..). The same procedure on Centos takes
> all programs on the first desktop, so I must arrange the programs on the
> right desktop.
>
> Question: why kows the gnome of Fedora al the postions and the gnome from
> CentOS doesn't? Is there a way to automaticly arrange the programs ?

I have created my own customized script for moving certain apps into
certain Workspaces (I use 6 of them), delayed for 60 seconds. Use only
part of the Title Name so you avoid having empty space in the
$Application variable.

Here is my script:
ProcessWindows(){
    echo "Application= $Application"
#    Process=$(pgrep -f "$Application")
#    echo "Process= $Process"
#    WindowID=`wmctrl -l -p | grep "$Application" | cut -f 1 -d " "`
#    WindowID=${WindowID#0x}
#    echo "WindowID= "$WindowID
    case "$Application" in
      "Pinger") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 5;;
      "drlove at kancelarija") wmctrl  -r "$Application" -t 2;;
      "Krusader") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 1;;
      "Buddy") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
      "Virtual") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
      "Music") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
      "Firefox") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 0;;
      "Skype") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
    esac
# done
}

sleep 60
Application="Pinger"; ProcessWindows
Application="drlove at kancelarija"; ProcessWindows
Application="Krusader"; ProcessWindows
Application="Buddy"; ProcessWindows
Application="Virtual"; ProcessWindows
Application="Music"; ProcessWindows