[CentOS] UC UC What happened to 6.1

Wed Nov 16 17:15:13 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/16/2011 10:13 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>>>
>> The point I think john is trying to make is that you can also just put
>> the updates and CR repos on a DVD (it might not fit) or usb hard drive /
>> key (better idea as this can hold several GB).
>>
>> Then you can put that on the network and update from there.
>
> Is there a scripted approach to this that will always get a consistent
> snapshot copy even if you run it while updates are being added in the
> repositories?   Waiting for a new DVD spin avoids that issue.
>
> If the networks don't have to be absolutely isolated, you might also
> fire up a squid proxy on a box with internet access and point yum to
> it, or perhaps use ssh port-forwarding to reach a network with an
> internet proxy.

When we update the mirrors on mirror.centos.org ... we put the packages
on first, then the metadata.

This approach means that during our rsyncs, we always have consistent
installs ... except that the packages could be newer until a given sync
finishes (but you should be able to install from the repo at all times).

But the vast majority of the time, everything is up2date.