[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Thu Nov 17 16:14:43 UTC 2011

Craig White wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 17.11.2011 14:44, schrieb Les Mikesell:
<snip>
> As for the majority... more than 50% of all phones sold now are smart
> phones. Soon everyone, everywhere will have one.

Ah, now I understand: you've drunk the Kool-Aid.

No, NOT everyone will have one. Not everyone *wants* one. Try looking at
the surveys that happen every year or two, and something like 2/3rds of
older Americans, and a good percentage of younger, only want A PHONE THAT
WORKS, so that they can call someone and do this thing called "talk". They
don't want to screw around with a phone.

And that's not going to change... unless, as I said yesterday, you,
personally, want to spring the money out of your pocket for, say, me to
have eye surgery, so I get 15/20 vision, so I can *read* the friggin'
email at 4 point type.

      mark