[CentOS] External HDD query

Fri Nov 18 14:49:12 UTC 2011
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Look at backuppc.  It has a nice web interface to manage it and
>> browse/restore backups and it compresses and pools identical content
>> to hold much more online than you would expect.   It is all controlled
>> from the linux side and can work with windows either over smb or you
>> can install cygwin rsync to save bandwidth.

BTW, how may persondays it would require on a Centos 5.7 box to
master? I have squandered away about 75% of available time (of about 2
person days). Amanda, IMHO, requires about 1 person week to deploy
initially and about 2 person weeks to get sign-off: am I right about
it? or am I inefficient (the "in about 15-minute" is a myth with
Centos 5.x maybe truth with Centos 6 -- I dunno)?

There is a External NTFS partition which will be carried away and the
whole shop is powered off at about 2000hrs.

With warm regards and best wishes,

Rajagopal