[CentOS] iso size?

Tue Nov 22 01:03:50 UTC 2011
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>

On Monday 21 November 2011 14:13, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I've been being told, over and over, by K3B, Brasero, and
> Isomaster, on two machines, with three different downloads of 6.0,
> that the file is too large for the medium. Nautilus and the browser
> that die each download all say it's 4.4 GB; I've tried with two +R
> and an RW DVD, all of which are labelled 4.7 GB Two of the files are
> 32-bit, and one is 64

Nautilus and the browser think that 1 Gb is 1024 * 1024 * 1024 =
1,073,741,824 bytes, while the DVD manufacturer thinks that 1 Gb is
1,000,000,000 bytes.

Therefore, what Nautilus and the browser call 4.4 Gb is what the DVD
manufacturer calls 4.724 Gb, and that's why the image doesn't fit.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se