[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Fri Nov 25 09:44:45 UTC 2011
Guitart Francesc <francesc.guitart at enise.fr>

El mié, 23-11-2011 a las 10:50 -0800, John R Pierce escribió:
> On 11/23/11 3:11 AM, Guitart Francesc wrote:
> > here I connect through SMB port 445
>
> why in dogs name are you using SMB, a Microsoft Windows protocol, for
> Unix to NAS file sharing?   Unix systems should use NFS for file
> sharing.   netbios is a tangled mess of poorly planned protocols with
> extensions on the extensions, and warts on the warts (ports 137/138/139
> were old NetBIOS, using NetBIOS-over-TCP aka NBT as the transport, while
> port 445 is the newer native CIFS protocol introduced around Windows2000
> time).
>
> with NFS, you'd mount the backup directory somewhere, like /nfsbackups
> just once at bootup time and each user would have their own directory in
> it, /nfsbackusp/fred (or whatever) and only have read/write access to
> that directory, managed via standard unix style chmod, chown ...

Thanks for your comment. You're right, but the problem arises with your
solution is that all users are using the CentOS machine login locally
with the same user. So, correct me if I'm wrong, I think I can not mount
the volume for each user without the others have access.

On the other hand, what maneges SMB passwords to tell don't remember it?
¿PAM, smbclient/smbpasswd, gnome-vfs?

--
Francesc Guitart