[CentOS] CentOS fileserver migrating to ZFS appliance

Fri Nov 25 18:32:59 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/25/11 10:23 AM, Alan McKay wrote:
> p.s. even if I could get it to authenticate SMB from the current 5.3
> box I'd be happy.
>
> If I have to go the directory services route I can only say that I
> hope it has improved a lot since the last time I installed it 18
> months ago - though that was 389-ds ...

I've been sniffing at FreeIPA, which is a bundle based on the latest
version of 389, with a bunch more stuff around it to allow both windows
and 'nix systems to authenticate, also stuff for policy management,
etc.  It looks really interesting, but I haven't had a go at setting it
up yet.