[CentOS] Monitoring services

Mon Nov 28 01:56:15 UTC 2011
Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>

Nagios is probably the most popular, and is pretty powerful and
relatively easy to write your own plugins for.

I have to look at this in my new job in the next month or so.  I'm
going to have a look at Zenoss and if that does not pan out and
nothing else turns up I'll fall back to Nagios.

Really there is not anything bad you can say about Nagios for this
specific purpose other than that the web monitoring GUI is kind of
ugly (or was in the last version I used about 2 years ago).  But
Zenoss advertises that it does this plus a number of other things I
need so I could kill a few birds with one stone there.