[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Mon Nov 28 14:57:41 UTC 2011
Guitart Francesc <francesc.guitart at enise.fr>

Le 28/11/2011 14:56, Les Mikesell a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Guitart Francesc
> <francesc.guitart at enise.fr>  wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Why use shared account?
>>
>> Good question. This is a server that was already running when I started
>> working here. I don't know the software that has installed and prefer
>> not to touch a lot. That's the only reason I have for to continue using
>> one local user account shared by several people.
>>
>>> 2. If you are using the same account, how can you prevent user from
>>> accessing each other's folder?
>>> /data/userA
>>> /data/userB
>>> The above ownership and permission won't do any good.
>>
>> I use the same local account to log into the machine. It is when I try
>> to connect to the NAS that I use different user accounts. After I log
>> out and continue to be able to access the resources of all users who
>> have connected to the NAS above.
>>
>> In contrast, with Debian, I get connected to NAS asking me the password,
>> after I get disconnect and when I try to reconnect I have to tape the
>> password again.
>
> So what happened when all the users log in at once to the shared
> account?  I'd expect the mounted NAS to be available to everyone
> regardless of who mounted it first.   And if that's the case, why does
> it matter if that continues to be true after someone logs out?

I don't understand what you try to say me but I have the feeling that I
did not explained well. I will try again:

The CentOS computer logs on locally always with the same user: LocalUser

Once I logged on CentOS with LocalUser user:

I connect to the NAS (\\NAS\sharedA) from "Connect to Server">> "Shared
Windows" as userA.

I disconnected from the NAS as userA ejecting the volume on the Desktop.

I connect to the NAS (\\NAS\sharedB) from "Connect to Server">> "Shared
Windows" as userB.

I disconnected from the NAS as userB ejecting the volume on the Desktop.

Now, from any window of Gnome Desktop I write smb://ip-nas/ and I have
access to sharedA and sharedB.

In fact, if I do netstat -an I can see four connections to the NAS, two
for every user (139 tcp and 445 tcp) what are saying I'm not really
disconnected from the NAS.

How can I really disconnect from NAS? Or how can I force the password
being asked every time I try to access to one shared ressource as
happens in Debian?

--
Francesc Guitart