[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Mon Nov 28 17:04:22 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Monday, November 28, 2011 11:23:57 AM Les Mikesell wrote:
> Even if all the users are working at the same
> console, they should have different logins.

You know, reading through this thread is frustrating.

Frustrating in that the OP's question has yet to be answered; instead, yet again, the OP's methods are being questioned.

The OP is doing things a particular way for a reason; a useful answer is better than questioning the OP's methods, IMO.

And while I wouldn't do it the way the OP is doing it, that's the OP's business, it would be nice to see people give people more 'benefit of the doubt' rather than assume that because the OP isn't doing it the 'regular way' that the OP doesn't know what he's doing.  He may have neither the time nor the budget to:

1.) Retool the login user;
2.) Retrain users to login as their own user;
3.) Set up the authentication necessary to do it 'right' instead of the way that seems to be working for him.

So, it seems the question boils down to:
In a shared local login account situation, how can one set up Nautilus to forget SMB credentials between certain times?

Whether you agree with the setup or not is immaterial; this is the way the OP needs to do things in his situation.

TMTOWTDI