[CentOS] qemu-kvm failed after update from CR repo

Mon Nov 28 22:48:39 UTC 2011
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Emmett Culley <emmett at webengineer.com> wrote:
> I finally decided to install the CR repo on one of my CentOS 6 machines that I use as a host for some VMs (also running CentOS 6).
>
> Before updating the host I updated a VM that was not critical to test the process and was able to boot that VM, so I went ahead with updating the host and the two VMs that were in use.
>
> When I rebooted the host none of the VM would start.
>
> Once I figured out that it had to be the host I started downgrading the virtual packages.  I was finally able to get the VMs to boot after dwongrading qemu-kvm.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

You might want to provide more detailed info. What is the version of
qemu-kvm that worked/failed ? What is the kernel version? When the VM
guests failed to start, did you see any error message?

Also, VM-related questions may be better discussed on the cent-virt
mailing list.

Akemi