[CentOS] Forget SMB password immediately

Tue Nov 29 12:12:11 UTC 2011
Guitart Francesc <francesc.guitart at enise.fr>

Le 28/11/2011 20:49, Lamar Owen a écrit :
> On Monday, November 28, 2011 01:15:30 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
>> None of which justifies someone else helping to continue a misguided
>> and insecure practice...
>
> Not all systems are Internet connected, and not all sites need the same security; one size does not fit all.
>
> In the OP, we have a basic set of data against which a question was asked:
> 1.) The OP has a NAS (perhaps only able to do SMB for all we know);
> 2.) The OP has inherited a system with an undefined number of users who all share a login on a workstation (which actually is fairly common on the floor of a factory, just to mention one instance of which I have direct knowledge);
> 3.) The system as described allows each user to have a semi-private fileshare;
> 4.) The OP wants to disable credential caching for SMB fileshares from the desktop (at least that's how it sounds).
>
> The request embodied by 4 is not unreasonable, and should be answerable.
>
> To the OP; see the opposite of your problem in this Ubuntu bug report:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-keyring/+bug/67189

Thanks for the link. Following the trail I could see several bugs
reported in bugzilla.gnome.org. The problem I have is related to the
version of Gnome:

CentOS 5.7: Gnome 2.16 >> Does not work as I expect.
Debian 6: Gnome 2.30.2 >> Works as I expect.
Center 6: Gnome 2.28.2 >> Works as I expect.

Thank you all for your responses.

--
Francesc Guitart