[CentOS] hello

Tue Nov 29 13:43:26 UTC 2011
LinuxIsOne <linuxisone at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Markku Kolkka
<markku.kolkka at saunalahti.fi>wrote:

CentOS hasn't published a Deployment Guide for version 6. The
> package management software hasn't changed significantly from
> version 5. You can see the docs for RHEL6 but you need to figure
> out which parts don't apply to CentOS.

Oh I see.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>wrote:

> My advice is to download LiveDVD for testing porposes, but regular DVD
> for installation. That way you will not miss out on anything from
> regular installation (in case LiveDVD is missing anything).

But since if I download the Live DVD, and cannot I install from it itself?
(If) anything is missing, it could be installed from internet later..., is
this possible or do I need to consume back the bandwidth for downloading
non-LIVE image also....?

> CentOS after installation is exactly what RHEL/upstream distributes, so
> there can/will be missing nVidia/ATI and possibly some other drivers.
> Those can be found in third party repositories
> (http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories) so do not
> worry about it, you will be able to set up your PC with all the drivers,
> with little meddling.

Oh yes, sure, thanks.

Thanks.