[CentOS] What's up with the mailing list?

Patrick Lists centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 16 14:39:31 UTC 2011

On 10/16/2011 03:57 PM, Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez wrote:
[snip]
>> If you need it for a printer then why not get a usb<->parallel cable:
>> http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-to-parallel-printer-port-adapter-cable-15m/42882.html
>>
>> Maybe this is the difference
> Following your link I only see "Compatible with Windows
> ME/2000/XP/Vista/7" Are you sure it will work with CentOS 6? I don't use
> it for print anything, but just to switch on my own home alarm as I
> wrote here:
> http://www.securitybydefault.com/2011/04/trasteando-con-una-alarma-de-securitas.html
> Sorry, it is in spanish, that's my language :) Give it a try with some
> online translation service.

Nope I don't know if it will work with CentOS 6. I looked at your page.
I don't speak Spanish but got the idea. Pretty neat.

[snip]
> If you don't expect anything from somebody, and you receive anything,...
> it would be very pleasant. Since I belong to this list, the only topic
> with 0 answers was my question. Is it so difficult?

Well now at least you got 2 :)

Have you tried getting the latest Fedora 15 live cd (or maybe even the
latest Fedora 16 beta/TC live cd) and boot that on your server and see
if your card is recognized? That should give you some more info. Then
file a bug at the CentOS website or maybe directly on the Red Hat
bugzilla: https://bugzilla.redhat.com

If your card is not recognized in the latest CentOS CR kernel and in F15
(or F16) then you could file the bug twice (under RHEL6 and F15/F16).
Hopefully that should get the kernel devs attention.

If you can find such a usb<->parallel cable at a local computer store
perhaps you could try it and return it if it does not work?

Regards,
Patrick