[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Oct 21 14:33:33 UTC 2011

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 10/21/2011 09:17 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
<snip>
>> However, if I install whatever latest version of an operating system
>> distribution. I expect to be able to run something that will give me
>> stable security-updates for that distribution.
>>
>> It appears that this is not the case, and my only option is to take my
>> servers down the beta route to Centos 6.1 Release Candidates.
<snip>
> Do you see anything that says Beta or Release Candidate?
>
> You could always PAY for the original and get the updates as they are
> released ... OR ... you can build them yourself.  We are doing this as
> fast as we can.
<snip>
> There is nothing BETA about the CR repo ... it is the CR repo.

Johnny, chill. I don't blame him for being confused. Up until right now,
you updated to a point release, then, over the weeks and months, there
were updates. All of a sudden, there are *no* updates for the 6.0 point
release, which is a major change in what everyone expected, based on
history. My manager, only yesterday, figured that for any updates at all
to 6.0, we had to use the CR repo, and we're just starting that,
cautiously.

And remember, this is the community *Enterprise* (level) o/s. There are
reasons that we run CentOS, and not (*bleah*) fedora.

    mark