[CentOS] CentOS 5.7, evince

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Oct 26 18:03:19 UTC 2011

I believe I updated evince early this month on this one server. Since then
I don't seem to be able to open a .pdf: 100% of the time, I get "unhandled
mime type: files/allfiles". Has anyone seen anything like this?

Note that this is when it's allegedly trying to open it. I've tried
telling it what to open from the command line, and brought it up by
itself, told it to open, pointed it to the correct directory, and clicked
on the .pdf I want, and hit <open>, and *bang*, it doesn't like it.

I've rm'd .local/share/mime/mime.cache and .gnome2/evince/ev-metadata.xml.
straceing doesn't even show me the filename mentioned.

        mark