[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Oct 29 18:14:46 UTC 2011

Vreme: 10/29/2011 05:36 PM, Les Mikesell piše:
> Also, there is probably room for a public, if not legal, complaint
> about gpl compliance if the source and binary components they
> distribute don't match in a way that you can rebuild a binary that
> works the same.   Of course there is a lot of non-gpl content, so even
> strictly observing the GPL rules won't solve the whole problem.

Less, please do not steer-up trouble.

If you want to fight Red Hat create your own RHEL clone and then try to
enact those rights you are asking about.

Better option is to have CentOS as it is, and they create forks with
specific enhancements by adding GPL versions from Fedora or other
places, or by using third party repositories consisting of best
developers (to ensure stable systems).

Fighting windmills was done by Don Quixote and many small countries
against certain political and military powers. And nothing good came out
of it. As one of the my folks sayings go: Bull without horns can not
fight with bull with horns... Not successfully at least.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...