[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Oct 30 13:14:06 UTC 2011

Vreme: 10/30/2011 01:44 PM, William Warren piše:
> And that Johnny has been the answer we have been requesting for a
> looooong time now.  I figured the upstream packaging changes broke your
> systems even when lance said that wasn't the case.  The results speak
> for themselves.  Nothing against the Centos folks you are now being
> actively worked against by Redhat itself.  This is going to slowly choke
> off community builds of RHEL...and force them to fedora.  Due to this
> decicion byt he upstream is why I'm moving to Ubuntu LTS for my new
> servers.  It is unfortunate that the abuse by Orcale of the exact
> procedure you use that prompted Red Hat to take these packaging measures.

I do not think there is much to be worried for now. Most/all security
patches will come out fairly fast now that CR repo is in place.

If need be, there can always be another repo that will be reserved for
fast fixes that are not compatible with RHEL, like package with
important fix that is not exactly compatible, but does the job same as
upstream package. This would be only for unresolved packages with
important fix, and only as long as complete fix is not completed.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...