[CentOS] What's up with the mailing list?

Patrick Lists

centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 16 12:37:50 UTC 2011

On 10/16/2011 10:39 AM, Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez wrote:
> I had no trouble with panics booting new CR kernel either, but detecting
> my PCI-e parallel port
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/centos/msg119673.html. The worst is nobody
> has given even any clue related to it.

I have not seen a parallel port in years or a device needing a parallel
port. I did not even know a PCI-e parallel card existed. Perhaps people
just don't know what the problem is or can be bothered with technology
from the eighties.

If you need it for a printer then why not get a usb<->parallel cable:
http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-to-parallel-printer-port-adapter-cable-15m/42882.html

Maybe this is the difference
> between RHEL and CentOS. If I was a RHEL licensed user, RedHat support
> staff at least would answer saying anything.

If everybody who does *not* know the answer to a question would answer
"saying anything" as you suggested then this mailing list would generate
a gazillion messages per day and become completely useless because of
the gazillion "I don't know" answers.

If that parallel card is so important to you then why don't you buy a
Red Hat subscription? At the end of the day you get what you pay for...

Regards,
Patrick