[CentOS] C6: ssh X-forwarding does not work

John Hodrien

J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 08:30:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Steve Brooks wrote:

> I have a few "sl6.1" worstations that do not have "xorg-x11-xauth"
> installed and it does *not* seem to appear in the repos. Yet
> X11-Forwarding works fine.

It's in the base repos for SL, so it definitely should be appearing.  Without
a functioning xauth, I've never seen functional X forwarding.

I would be interested to know what ssh -Yv that-host-without-xauth shows.
Without xauth I get:

debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.

jh