[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:17:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> On Saturday, October 29, 2011 04:36 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> It's a bad thing if you think clones should exist at all.
>> Realistically, we would all probably be better off jumping ship the
>> day of the fedora/EL split, but I've just been too lazy to learn to
>> spell "apt-get".
>>

> /me is puzzled. You spelt it correctly. Maybe not so keen on learning
> the intricacies of Debian and the 'Debian way'.

Yes, exactly.  While there is not much difference in using the
applications on an installed system of some other distribution, the
installation and maintenance tools are all very specific and quirky
and I have years invested in dealing with RedHat style quirks.  Plus
we have a team of hands-on operators that mostly deal with windows and
aren't too happy about needing to know any linux commands, much less
several very unrelated types.  But that's the option that will happen
before paid RHEL everywhere - or just more windows servers...

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com