[CentOS] openldap missing modules

Craig White

craig.white at ttiltd.com
Mon Oct 31 23:36:50 UTC 2011

For learning purposes, I think the flat file is much easier to master. I thought Apple's Open-Directory was forked from an older version of OpenLDAP (perhaps 2.1.x).

I gather that upstream 6.x and thus CentOS 6.x is using OpenLDAP 2.4.x and probably also dynamic configuration but I haven't installed upstream 6.x or any derivative distribution so I don't know for sure.

Dynamic configuration was introduced in OpenLDAP 2.3 and it seemed to me that the book is using dynamic configuration but I could be wrong. It either references using 'cn=config' or it doesn't and that's the indicator of whether it is dynamic or not.

Craig