[CentOS] BIND and a second server resolving itself

Fri Oct 7 09:28:44 UTC 2011
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

I am installing my second server in the datacenter but having problems
getting to the net with it.
I am going to use it as a KVMvirt host and do not want to run bind on
its base OS.

My thought was to just refer to it in the bind zones as an additional
record
(main.example.com is the working server now, main2.example.com is the
new one).

I cannot get the new one to reach out to the net, is there something I
have to do on the new server to make it resolve
correctly (I have listed my nameservers and hosts file and all that)?
I think I have to allow my original server, the one hosting the
nameservers, to allow the new server access to query, is that right?

or do I just need to add the IN A record with the ip, main2.example.com.
IN A xxx.x..x...x..?

this is the first time I ever went with two servers and a bit confused
as to proper resolution on the second server without having bind on it...

any help appreciated.

happy friday all