[CentOS] Choosing a CentOS version

Mon Oct 3 17:21:14 UTC 2011
Bade Iriabho <ebade at mathbiol.org>

This may be a noob question but there is something I have been trying to
understand, there are currently three main versions of CentOS 4, 5, and 6.
My main question is simply how do I know what version I should deploy? I
have searched online and either I did not do a good job of searching or the
information I get is inadequate.

To better understand why I ask this question, here are some of the build up
questions.
- Is there an online resource that lists (compare/contrast) the different
versions (i.e. 4, 5, and 6) and why you should pick a particular one?
- Is a particular version the best for a web server, how do I know this?
- Should or does it matter what version I deploy?
- Can assume that once a version is decided upon, one should stick to the
latest release. i.e. for version 5, go with 5.7 right now?

If you can point me to an online resource, that would be awesome as well.

B.I.