[CentOS] postmap: fatal: open database /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd.db: Permission denied

Tue Oct 4 20:46:13 UTC 2011
Alexander Farber <alexander.farber at gmail.com>

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com> wrote:
>> postfix/smtp[2061]: warning: TLS library problem:
>> 2061:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start
>> line:pem_lib.c:698:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE:
>> postfix/smtp[2061]: warning: TLS library problem:
>> 2061:error:140DC009:SSL
>
> There's something wrong with this file as it is not a PEM encoded certificate file as is expected.
>
> Easy enough to verify...
>
> openssl x509 -in $YOUR_CERTIFICATE.pem -noout -text

oops, sorry, after struggling I've just deleted
that file and installed sendmail. I'll try your suggestion
later though with my development VM.

Could the reason also be that I've started with
a minimalistic CentOS 6 installation and was
missing the cyrus-sasl-plain and cyrus-sasl-md5 packages?

Thank you
Alex