[CentOS] CentOS-6.0 Continuous Release ( CR ) repository

Sat Oct 8 13:09:58 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 10/08/2011 02:34 PM, Timothy Murphy piše:
> I don't really understand the function of this repository,
> or rather why the RPMs in it are not in the standard repository?
>
> I read the outline at
> <http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR>,
> and added the repository on two CentOS machines.
> On yum-updating some 450MB of updates were installed.
> Both machines appear to be running perfectly well.

Every minor version is treated as upgrade, not update. If CR packages
would be added to existing updates 6.0 repository, what would people who
want ONLY 6.0 do? There are many other more compelling reasons, but even
this one is enough.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)