[CentOS] CentOS 5.7 PHP upgrade

Mon Oct 10 18:27:20 UTC 2011
dev at nkmo.com <dev at nkmo.com>

I would love to use the standard repository, unfortunately the package is
not found which was how I ended up finding the third part solution. I
tried:
yum update php
yum upgrade php
yum install php
yum install php53

root at 378907 [~]# yum --disablerepo=atomic install php53
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
No package php53 available.
Nothing to do
root at 378907 [~]#

I am not sure how to change repositories, not sure what the name is of the
official CentOS repository is to use the --enablerepo= command or how to
see if there is a php 5.3.x version available for my installation
available or if I am beating my head against a wall and the CentOS 5.7 is
actually incompatible with the newest version.