[CentOS] Back up system

Wed Oct 19 16:32:30 UTC 2011
Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr>

Le 19/10/2011 17:43, Les Mikesell a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Damas Ally<damastz at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have centos 5.7 (server). I need to configure it for backup system, that
>> means it have to back up or back up documents shall be posted or send to
>> this server from various users (clients using windows machine and ubuntu).
>> Can someone help me with instructions on how i can make this possible? And
>> /or is it possible to set active directory on this machine and if possible
>> how?
>> Please help, i am not good enough on centos.
> Backuppc is about as good as it gets for online backups. It is
> packaged in EPEL but you can find docs and mail list info at
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/.  If you want tape backups, look at
> amanda or bacula.

And even if dated, this wiki doc is a good help for configuration under
CentOS :
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC

And this one helped me a lot to configure user authentication on Active
Directory :
http://tastycrepes.blogspot.com/2010/07/active-directory-and-backuppc.html

Hope this helps...

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33