[CentOS] Live CD boot for KVM guest. How?

Wed Oct 19 18:15:45 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/19/11 9:34 AM, Müfit Eribol wrote:
> My host and guest are CentOS 6. The guest is going to be a web server in
> production. I am trying to resize (extend) of the base partition of my
> guest.  But I can of course start the installation of CentOS 6 guest all
> over again with a larger image size. However, just for the sake of
> better understanding I an trying to solve things not to be end up in a
> dead end after some years.

rather than resizing the system 'drive', I woudl have simply created
ANOTHER logical drive mapped to the guest, and create a new file system
on it, moving the stuff thats filling up your base disk (/home ?
/var/www ?) to it, then remounting it as the 'new' /home or /var/www or
whatever....