[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Fri Oct 21 14:24:31 UTC 2011
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/21/2011 09:17 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
> On Fri, October 21, 2011 16:02, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
>>

>> Giles Coochey wrote:
>>> So Centos 6.0 is EOL?
>>
>> not familiar with the rhel life cycle are you?
>> Read this:
>> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
>
> Thanks. I see that.
>
> However, if I install whatever latest version of an operating system
> distribution. I expect to be able to run something that will give me
> stable security-updates for that distribution.
>
> It appears that this is not the case, and my only option is to take my
> servers down the beta route to Centos 6.1 Release Candidates.
>
> Other than that - the only advice given so far is: remain vulnerable to
> attack.

Do you see anything that says Beta or Release Candidate?

You could always PAY for the original and get the updates as they are
released ... OR ... you can build them yourself.  We are doing this as
fast as we can.

If you need SLA type support, then CentOS is likely NOT the distro for
you as it does not have SLAs.  It is a distribution built and released
by volunteers for you to use or not use as you see fit.  If you need the
updates faster than we can deliver them, you must either learn to build
them yourself or find another way.

There is nothing BETA about the CR repo ... it is the CR repo.