[CentOS] Centos 6 - named with internal zone file and forwarding

Fri Oct 21 15:27:02 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:

> I have two Centos 6 servers running BIND.
>
> I have configured the two servers to run internal zones as a master /
> slave setup.
>
> My gateway runs DNSmasq and I would like all other requests for lookups to
> be sent to the DNSmasq system.
>
> I have added the following:
>
> forward first;
>  forwarders {
>    172.16.0.1;
>  };
>
> Where 172.16.0.1 is the host running DNSmasq.
>
> For some reason I still cannot resolve anything outside my network.
>
> Any pointers?

Your servers running bind should be able to resolve outside names
with or without a forwarder if they have internet access.   Are you
sure /etc/resolv.conf is pointing to the right nameservers?   Try
using 'dig @resolver_ip some_name'  to test both the dnsmasq system
and your bind servers individually.

--
  Les Mikesell