[CentOS] How to remove a Trash folder from a mounted ntfs partition

Sat Oct 22 23:53:46 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Vreme: 10/22/2011 11:59 PM, Yves Bellefeuille piše:
> On Friday 21 October 2011 11:24, James B. Byrne wrote:
>
>> CentOS-5.7 using fuse-ntfs-3g
>
>> I have mouunted the HDD on my desktop as an ntfs
>> filesystem using an external SATA / USB adapter.  As root
>> I then used the gnome desktop to move the desired files to
>> trash.  Now I wish to delete the contents of the trash
>> folder and the folder itself. This I cannot do.  I have
>> tried deleting using rm -rf ./.Trash-root but the command
>> simply has no effect.  It raises no error and it does not
>> remove the Directory or its contents.
>
> You say that the disk is formatted as NTFS, presumably for use with
> Windows, yet you mention deleting the files with the Gnome desktop and
> then deleting them from .Trash. I'm therefore very confused about how
> you're trying to delete the files.

He is saying, which I think i also have seen on my USB Flash drive,
system immediately re creates Trash folder. He would like to delete it
and unmount without recreating Trash folder.

Best course of action is to return HDD to it's PC, boot up and then
delete Trash folder.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)