[CentOS] How to remove a Trash folder from a mounted ntfs partition

Sun Oct 23 00:35:40 UTC 2011
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>

On Saturday 22 October 2011 19:53, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> He is saying, which I think i also have seen on my USB Flash drive,
> system immediately re creates Trash folder. He would like to delete
> it and unmount without recreating Trash folder.

I've seen your correction, but I still don't understand where
this .Trash-root directory comes from.

The user says that he's running CentOS 5.7 and Gnome, but under Gnome
the trash directory is simply named .Trash, not .Trash-root, and
deleting a file from an NTFS file system mounted under Linux doesn't
move it to .Trash.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that if the hard disk will be replaced,
it's better to overwrite the entire disk, using shred or dd (as John R.
Pierce suggested), or a Windows utility.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se