[CentOS] HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller

Mon Oct 24 10:46:19 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 10/24/11 3:42 AM, Richard Gliebe wrote:
>> you're better off reconfiguring that for JBOD in the BIOS, and letting
>> Linux see the physical disks (which it does, anywayas), and implementing
>> mdraid mirroring in Linux natively.
> I'm not really a friend about software mirroring ...

well, your controller doesn't support anything else if its what I think
it is.  the Intel Matrix RAID is done in the device drivers behind the
OS back, as software mirroring.  The Linux kernel's mdraid drivers can
do a much better job of this.