[CentOS] Mock - Problems building Centos5 package on Centos6 - where can I ask for advice ?

Thu Oct 6 16:06:09 UTC 2011
Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk at gmail.com>

Hi

Thank you for your extremely quick (and faster than support from any
company..) reply.

Sorry, can you give more detail ?

>From the look of the error the 'mock centos5' is missing these files :-

/usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4

- which come from libtool2 (on centos6)

Centos5 obviously doesn't have that version...

I noticed in the .spec file it has

%build
# aclocal workaround - to be improved
cat `aclocal
--print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}.m4
>>aclocal.m4

# Force use of system libtool:
libtoolize --force --copy
cat `aclocal
--print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}.m4
>build/libtool.m4

Ilyas , it isn't the fact that I can't build Centos6 PHP 5.3.8  - that works
fin in Centos6 - my issue is using the built src.rpm in mock so that it
builds for Centos5.

Thank you to everybody who responded.

Regards