[CentOS] BIND and a second server resolving itself

Fri Oct 7 10:25:28 UTC 2011
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

Going to test tomorrow after install, but this is what I am thinking may
work

in my example.com, located on main.example.com,  /named/db.example.com I
am adding
main2.example.com. IN A xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (this is the second server's ip
address)

in my example.com, located on main.example.com,
/named/db.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa I am adding
IN PTR main2.example.com.

In the named.conf, located on main.example.com, I am adding my entire 16
IP block of addresses along with my localhost
options {
     allow-recursion { localhost; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /29;};
     allow-query { localhost; xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/29; };
};

I am assuming this will allow the new server to resolve correctly and
allow it to reach out to the net to find domain names (so I can use yum
update, ssh to it, etc)...and will use this for the KVM guests to
resolve in the future too.

any help appreciated.. centos 6 by the way.