[CentOS] CentOS-6.0 Continuous Release ( CR ) repository

Sat Oct 8 14:30:16 UTC 2011
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

nux at li.nux.ro wrote:

>> I don't really understand the function of this repository,
>> or rather why the RPMs in it are not in the standard repository?

> Because there is no "standard repository" yet. These RPMs are from the
> next version (6.1 as we write this) which has not been published yet. CR
> is just a way to keep up with updates while they work on publishing Centos
> 6.1.

I've read the various responses, and am not really convinced.
It seems to me the developers are just making more work for themselves.
Of course that is their prerogative ...

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net