[CentOS] CentOS 5.7 PHP upgrade

Wed Oct 12 18:40:37 UTC 2011
dev at nkmo.com <dev at nkmo.com>

Sorry Mark, I started this upgrade project a few days ago and am stepping
back to it now that I have a little more time. I tried the php53u package
like eero suggested but the package could not be found still. I did a "yum
search php" and there aren't ANY packages that start with php, the closest
I have is phc which is the php compliler. We would love to be able to
figure this out so we can run php.activerecord.

root at 378907 [/etc/yum.repos.d]# yum install php53u
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * epel: linux.mirrors.es.net
 * ius: pancks.sothatswhy.org.uk
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
addons

                                                                |  951 B
  00:00
base

                                                                | 1.1 kB
  00:00
epel

                                                                | 3.7 kB
  00:00
extras

                                                                | 2.1 kB
  00:00
ius

                                                                | 2.2 kB
  00:00
rpmforge

                                                                | 1.1 kB
  00:00
updates

                                                                | 1.9 kB
  00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
No package php53u available.
Nothing to do