[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Thu Oct 20 17:47:28 UTC 2011

Jerry Geis wrote:
>   Hi gang - Love CentOS - you guys to a fabulous job.
>
> It has been a while since I saw any update...
> I went to twitter.com/centos nothing there,
> twitter.com/centos6 nothing there,
> went to the qa calendar stuff nothing there.
>
> Last I saw was something in September saying all
> RPM's are built and doing ISO's. Then nothing.

Oddly enough, my manager just walked in a couple hours ago, and asked me
why I thought there hadn't been any updates to our 6.0 boxen.

Everything's being rolled into the CR repo, so there do not appear to be
any "ordinary" 6.0 updates.

        mark, annoyed, and having to install 300+ package updates
                to the 6.0 systems, and hope nothing breaks*

* On the other hand, maybe I'll see annoyance fixes, like Pidgen, that
pops *under* other windows, the quirky screen handling in rxvt, and, oh
yes, the "yes" buttons lack of attention after I click "logout" from the
menu.