[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Fri Oct 21 10:22:28 UTC 2011
Steve Walsh <steve at nerdvana.net.au>

On 10/21/2011 06:09 PM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> well yes: upstream is at 6.1, so updates are happening for 6.1 and 6.0
> won't receive any more "ordinary upates". The update path for 6.0 is
> through 6.1 .
> centos is offering CR which allows you to stay up-to-date even though
> C6.1 is not released yet. When it is released, if you have used CR you
> will just have very few packages to update.

Except.

If you have a 6.0 machine, and enable the cr/ repo, then you don't just
get the 6.0 updates. You get most of the post-6.0 updates, plus what's
been built for 6.1 (effectively still in QA), plus some post 6.1 updates
(Again, still in QA). As far as I'm aware, there's now way to say "Just
give me the 6.0 updates you have" when using the cr/ repo.

I am more than happy to be corrected on this operation of the cr repo
tho, as I've held off on updating boxes with the cr/ repo so as not to
get "untested" updates.

Regards