[CentOS] What happened to 6.1

Fri Oct 21 14:51:05 UTC 2011
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr>

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Johnny, chill. I don't blame him for being confused. Up until right now,
> you updated to a point release, then, over the weeks and months, there
> were updates. All of a sudden, there are *no* updates for the 6.0 point
> release, which is a major change in what everyone expected, based on
> history.

this is the way it has always been: once upstream releases x.y+1 , there
are no more updates to x.y (in upstream and therefore also in centos),
until centos releases x.y+1 .
the difference now is: if you want the updates which will become
available once centos x.y+1 is released, you can get them through the CR
repo. The price you pay is that the packages may not be as thoroughly
tested as they will be when x.y+1 is released.