[CentOS] openldap missing modules

Wed Oct 26 21:11:03 UTC 2011
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am 26.10.2011 19:11, schrieb wessel van der aart:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm currently setting up an openldap server and included the following
> lines in my slapd.conf :
> modulepath /usr/lib/ldap
> moduleload back_hdb
> after finishing up my config and i run slaptest on it i get an error
> saying that the modulepath doesn't exist.
> I checked and it indeed isn't there , in fact i can find it anywhere on my
> system (centos 5.7).
> the packages i've installed through yum are openldap openldap-servers and
> openldap-client.
> does anyone know where to find this folder? or do i have to install some
> package to get this module?
>
> Thanks,
> Wessel

Hi,

I assume you are following a random tutorial on the net. Don't do that.
It simply does not fit.

Instead of using a modulepath just (the proper one on CentOS would be
/usr/lib/openldap, as pre-defined in slapd.conf; but the backends are
not available as modules on CentOS), define you database properly. Where
you see

database        bdb

in the slapd.conf CentOS ships with, just change bdb into hdb.

Alexander