[CentOS] ssd quandry

Thu Oct 27 09:34:05 UTC 2011
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 01:48:13 PM Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 12:20 PM, John Doe wrote:
> > Guess this new ctrl does not use the cciss module anymore.
>
> If it's like a P410i like what I have it uses the hpsa driver.

HP is moving from the old cciss driver to the new hpsa driver. On C5 all
controllers user cciss but on C6 the newer generation (like 411, 812, ..) use
hpsa.

In the future all controllers may be moved to hpsa (afaict, but who knows).

The old driver used the odd /dev/cciss/cXdYpZ naming and was a non-scsi block
device driver. hpsa is (as almost everything else) a scsi driver (finally).

/Peter